Summer: High on Life

The summer is finally here (actually, it has been for the past 2 months...) and here comes my re-first post. I say "re-first post" not because the blog is new, but because it's a fresh start to an attempt at keeping one.

You see, I don't know if it's just a problem with me or there is a worldwide epidemic but I'm a person who is just so good at procrastinating (I think it's a disease and not just a condition...) and is a commitment-phobe (again, can someone prescribe me something?!? I swear it's not just a state of mind) that I just found it hard to have to pose, take pictures, edit, upload, crop, bling (mmm okay, maybe not) and blog about it all. So I reached for the next best solution: desertion. Ooh what a dreaded word, no one wants to hear about being deserted. Or neglected. Deserted and neglected - what a combo!

So yeah, it's still a bit of a hassle but what thing is worth it without having the hassle? Even ice cream and shopping comes with calories and finances. Next time, I'll put my money where my mouth is when I decide to say "Oooh, blogging. It's eeeeeasyyy!" Now I'm sure I can hear a collective groan from all you bloggers out there at how time-consuming it can be.


Nonetheless it's the summer and what better way to pass the time than to share my 'oh-so-important' thoughts with the blogosphere? So, here's a series of shots I took after having dinner with a friend whom I haven't met in over a year! It's terrible of me but sometimes, don't you just find it so hard to keep in touch with people you promised to keep in touch with? Or is it just me?

We had a wonderful dinner to summarise the night and I don't know why it took us this long to see each other again. With all my friends scattered halfway across the world, you really just have to take advantage of the limited time you actually have and as for the outfit... just something easy and comfortable to wear for a day out.



Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Dress: Massimo Dutti
Bag: Alexander McQueen
Shoes: Zara
Belt: Nina Ricci
Watch: Hermes
Bangles: Marc Jacobs and Rachel Leigh

Photobucket


Now before you all judge, my style sort of just changes. I have a solid foundation but it's never overly complicated or even overly trendy, it's just about me as an individual. I'm no Jane Aldridge (who is absolutely beautiful and has an eclectic style that I can never in a million years pull off!) or Denni from CHICMUSE but it doesn't matter, fashion's just something to have fun with!

xx,
- LCT

3 comments:

t a l i s h a said...

oh goddd i lvoe the detail on your sleeves.. it's just so pretty.. and my mom has the same rachel leigh bracelet in blue after seeing blair sporting one in gossip girl.. hahahahaha..

Zabrinah said...

You are gorgeous!!!! And that is the DRESS OF MY DREAMS. I love it sooooooooo much!

Keep up the blog because I love it!

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah

michelle_ said...

im loving your simple and chic look very much ! your bangles and accessories make this look even more sophisticated !